Sunday, February 24, 2008

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.


So I recently got GT5Prologue (Actually .. about a week or two ago) and I must say that it is not only a huge improvement over previous GT games, but it is quite possibly the greatest racing game/driving simulator ever made .. AND IT'S NOT EVEN A COMPLETE GAME !!

It has somewhere around 40 or 60 cars to choose from and unlock .. but it's not like I'm going to CHOOSE to use the Daihatsu OFC-01. No, after completing the crappy race, I quickly graduated to real cars. My current roster of cars that I actually use consists of simply the Nissan R35 GTR and the Ferrari 599, I had a 350z for a while, but the GTR is much more satisfying.


The somewhat disappointing points in this game are that, yes, it's incomplete, there are a few tracks, but nowhere near as many as GT4, and there are a few cars, but NOWHERE near as many as GT4. There is also no major car customization, just paint, tires, transmission and assist/TC.

Regardless, the game is AMAZING !! The graphics are like nothing I've ever seen before (especially in HD) and the engine is extremely impressive. It's surprisingly not hard to drive, unlike previous Gran Turismo games.

I haven't yet tried playing online, but I'm not so great at the game so I don't really want to get my ass kicked. The mission mode is good enough for now, earning money from winning races and buying cars.

One of my favorite features in this game is the driver's POV. You can actually see your driver's hands and the interior of the car. It's very impressive, but I think it would be better if I had a steering wheel.

Then details in this game are incredible, and I just can't get over how realistic everything looks. from the outside view of your car, you can actually see whats behind you in your side mirrors. you can even see details of the backgrounds through the reflection of your paint.

Another detail I noticed is the crowd has it's own unique behaviors. Some people in the crowd will take pictures of you, but they'll wait till you're close enough. If you get too close though, the people in the crowd will flinch, or even duck for cover.

I also got a white Dual Shock 3 to go with the game, and it's great too !! But more about that later.

Even though it is an unfinished game, GT5Prologue without a doubt gets a perfect score in my book, which means the final product GT5 would have to get some kind of score that is absolutely immeasurable.

This puts other racing games to shame.

0 comments:

Back to TOP