Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Close call.

Before I go to sleep, I would just like to say to the jerk in the PT cruiser who nearly killed me on Turk this past evening ..

F*** you.

I was walking to campus to work on a project, and I just so happened to be on the phone (though I was using the ear buds to talk). I was crossing the street, AT THE CROSSWALK on Turk. This was one of the crosswalks without a signal, but it's clearly out in the open and I could never imagine it being dangerous.

Anyways, I was crossing, and I was just hanging up my phone, when I noticed a car coming toward me, a PT cruiser. This is not unusual, as you would expect a car to come toward you while you're crossing the street, AT A GODDAMN CROSSWALK. What you also expect, is the car to slow down as it comes toward you. This car didn't, and I noticed this as it was closing in on me. Those are fairly big cars, and I was dead in it's sights, so the f***er driving must have not been looking at the road AT ALL. So, as the car came within just a few feet of me, probably going about 40, I realized that there was something terribly wrong with this picture .. SO, with the reflexes of a puma (or maybe a guinea pig), I took a lightning fast hop back, and avoided getting hit by barely a few inches .. and I literally mean INCHES !! any closer and I woulda been f***ed.

So, like any normal person, as soon as it wizzed past me, I let out a rather loud .. "WHAT THE F*** !!" and the jerk kept going. So, seriously .. if anyone knows someone who drives a PT cruiser, and was driving it down turk last night at around 9:30, please tell me, so that I can punch them in their face, because if I hadn't looked up at just the right moment, or hung up my phone at just the right second, or even if my jump back was just a few inches short, I would be in the ER right now.


Learn to look where you're going.

1 comments:

Unknown

Great post, I think website owners should larn a lot from this blog its really user pleasant. So much superb info on here.

-------------------------
Web Design Melbourne | Web Design Perth | Web Design Sydney

Back to TOP