Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Break.

So this past week was both fun, and stressful. Spent the week with the family, having our annual big ass thanksgiving, with the table that stretches out into the next room, and about 30 seats around it. It was pretty awesome, as usual, except for the fact that there were 6 pies, and i only got 1 slice of pumpkin and 1 slice of apple, before they were all devoured. NO LEFT OVER PIE !! ALSO, we ate ALL, yes, ALL of the thanksgiving leftovers the next day. So yeah, no leftover anything.

Spent the week mostly with my cousins, we did all kinds of fun stuff, including going to the SF international auto show, in which we saw all the new and upcoming cars, up close and personal. 370z was pretty ugly, but somehow impressive. After checking out a bunch of the luxury cars, the interior of the 350z looked like the inside of a toy car, and kinda ruined it for me. From what I understand, the 370 made a vast improvement in the interior.


While the notched/split/triangular headlights were an interesting IDEA, they create a few problems .. one, is that from the front, they look kinda dumb .. and TWO is that from the side, they make the fenders look retarded. While I don't think the catfish mouth is TERRIBLE, I don't understand why it has those stupid little fangs. Hopefully there will be an upgradable exterior package, maybe a Nismo edition that will look nicer in this aspect. The door handles are a bit out of control .. and I think that compared to the rest of the car, the hood is extremely boring .. Even the current 350z has a more interesting hood, with that bulge in the middle that I've begun to grow fond of. The front front of the car retains the shape of the 350z, but the rear end of the car is a complete and total mess. I didn't even bother to take a picure of the back .. its like they were going for an old school 240z kinda look .. but got it all wrong .. it ends up making the car look similar to the z4 coupe, with a big long front end and a smooshed little rear. I did however like the fact that they flared out the fenders .. but the tail lights are pretty hideous.

Maybe I'll get used to it over time. And while I might sound harsh, I still like it .. I just don't love it. And I think it could use a lot of improvements. It is however a beast at 330 HP .. But I would seriously take the G37 over this thing any day of the week. I don't understand why they didn't make it look more like it's sister car (the G37) .. Could have made a similar headlight design, and a done something different for the tail lights .. just like the way the 350z and the G36 complemented each other .. oh well ..

The GT-R was off limits, but it looked great from a few feet away. The new mustang was still big as a boat, but it was very smooth, which was nice .. not so sure if i like the rear end yet. And speaking of boats, the challenger is a big ugly machine that looks like it belongs in the water. While I don't doubt that it is a beast of a car, i'm sure it handles like a plate of jello.

Now, as far as cars that I was interested in go .. there were a few that I checked out in great detail. As pretty as it was on the outside, the 3 series BMW didn't really do it for me on the inside .. it was kinda boring, very standard .. honestly reminded me a bit of an EVO interior, but nicer of course. On the other hand, the G37 was not only beautiful on the outside, but the interior was ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS !! Wood grain, comfy leather seats, cockpit feel, dash that wrapped around both seats, everything in clear view. Now THAT is a car I could drive. One thing I didn't like so much was that, even though it was pretty big inside, I felt a bit confined and clostrophobic in the passenger seat .. but maybe I'm just meant to drive.

The NEXT beamer we got into, was the x6. I jumped into it expecting to be blown away, but alas, it was yet again a big disappointment. Very boring interior, with not a lot going on .. just seemed really standard. So we skipped along the way and got into the infiniti competitor, the new FX50 .. I have been admiring the newly redesigned exterior for a while, and I really like the new headlight design and shape of the car, there is a LOT of attention to detail in this machine, including the crazy wavy grill, which is amazing to look at close up. ANYWHO, the interior did not disappoint, it was beautiful and comfortable, but as far as an SUV goes, for the size of it, it was pretty small on the inside, and the trunk wasn't really HUGE .. but still, amazing car.

Honorable mentions go out to the BMW 1 series, which really surprised me as being both comfortable and asthetically pleasing on the inside and out .. and although it looks like a smashed 3 seriers, I've begun to grow rather fond of it.

The Benzes were a bit out of control, and we wern't allowed to touch any of the Astons, ferraris, lambos, etc.

In all, it was both fun and informative .. the G37 is definatly on the top of my list.

ANYWHO, we're getting a new apartment soon in 日本町 .. Really nice luxury building .. workout room, lap pool, sauna, hot tub, etc. It should be great .. especially if it comes with another HD TV.

Anywho .. it has come to my attention that the few remaining arcades in existance are selling their machines .. The tilt in the metreon is selling everything they have .. but for out of control prices of course. I was informed though, that there is an arcade not too far from here that is selling virtua on for as low as 200 bucks, and SVC Chaos for 500. This is not 100% confirmed, but would be an AMAZING deal if it were true, and if I had space, I would totally get BOTH .. and maybe a few more, because I love virtua on, and 200 bucks is the deal of a lifetime. I know at least one other person who is interested, and might get it, which means .. some serious virtua on may be in order in the near future.


Anyone else wanna go in on an arcade machine? got the space? this could be awesome.

0 comments:

Back to TOP